CoolVisions® Dyeable Polypropylene
What are the benefits of CoolVisions®?
- CoolVisions® has better chemical and stain resistance when compared to other fibers.
- The fiber is much lighter providing better coverage with less garment weight and fiber content.
- CoolVisions® has excellent thermal insulation properties.
- Moisture management polyesters have engineered "channels" to transport moisture. To avoid the "blocking" of these channels, garments should not be laundered with fabric softeners or dryer sheets. CoolVisions® does not require channels for moisture management and is not affected by fabric softeners.
What are the advantages of CoolVisions® dyeable polypropylene fibers vs. solution dyed polypropylene?
- A wider range of colors including seasonal fashion colors are now available without having to purchase the large minimums required for specialty colors in solution dyed product.
- Dyeable greige goods will facilitate significant improvement in production times and speed to market.
- The cost associated with inventory for low volume, slow moving and obsolete solution dyed colors is eliminated.
What are the laundering specifics?
Machine wash cold. CoolVisions® dries very quickly. Lay flat to dry or tumble dry on low permanent press cycle. Use cool iron if needed. Do not dry clean.
What types of CoolVisions® products / yarns are available?
Staple fiber for ring spinning is currently available. Development activities are underway on air jet yarn spinning and filament products.
Can CoolVisions® be modified to provide other performance features?
Performance enhancements such as anti-microbial properties are being investigated.
Do you have to invest in special equipment to spin, knit, weave or dye and finish CoolVisions®?
No. CoolVisions® processes efficiently on equipment currently in place in the textile industry.
What special processing considerations are necessary for CoolVisions®?
The yarn spinning, knitting and weaving procedures for CoolVisions® are done in a similar manner to current pigmented polypropylene products. The dyeing procedure mirrors the same steps used for disperse dyeing polyester. Lower temperatures can be used for dyeing and are required for the finishing process.
Is CoolVisions® bleach cleanable like solution dyed polypropylene?
FiberVisions L.P. believes that all statements, technical information, and recommendations herein regarding its products and the possible uses of its products are accurate and reliable. However, they are presented without guarantee or warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Users of our products should make their own tests to determine the suitability of each such product for their particular purposes. FiberVisions® does not recommend any use of its products that would violate any patent or other rights. Further information about the products can be found in the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). CoolVisions® is a trademark of FiberVisions L.P.